Your privacy is important to Energy Dialogues LLC. This privacy notice provides information about the personal information that Energy Dialogues LLC collects, the ways in which Energy Dialogues LLC uses that personal information and your rights. Energy Dialogues LLC (“Energy Dialogues LLC”, “we” or “us”) is the data controller of the personal information collected via or in connection with energy-dialogues.com or collaborative.energy-dialogues.com (the “Website”).
What personal information do we collect about you?
Energy Dialogues LLC collects personal information from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Website. This information may include the following kinds of personal information:
● information collected automatically about your use of the Website using cookies and other tracking technologies (e.g. what pages you visit and the time and date of your visit). We may also collect information about the device you use to access the Website;
● information that you provide for the purpose of registering or creating a user account with the Website, (e.g. your name, email address, phone number, job title, company name, user credentials and country);
● information you provide to us in order to sign up for our newsletters or to receive a demo of our services (e.g. your name, email address, phone number and company)
● information you provide in order to participate in the Website’s chat rooms (“Rooms”) and discussion boards (e.g. your comments and messages);
● records of your interactions with us (e.g. if you ask us a question on the ‘Chat’ function or if you interact with us on social media);
● any other information that you provide to Energy Dialogues LLC or which is necessary for us to process in order to provide and maintain the Website.
What do we use this personal information for?
Depending on how you use our Website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, Energy Dialogues LLC may use your personal information to:
● administer the Website and maintain and monitor its usage;
● carry out market research (e.g. we may collect comments and feedback posted on the Website about our services);
● personalize the Website for you and to show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your browsing activity or user account information;
● enable your access to and use of the Website;
● send you marketing communications and to show you targeted advertising where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so;
● comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
● for security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
Energy Dialogues LLC will rely on one or all of the following as the legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal information:
● because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you contact us because you want to purchase our services we will use your personal information to arrange and put in place the relevant contract).
● because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact Energy Dialogues LLC with a query, where you add optional information to your user account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
● because it is in our legitimate interests as a next-generation communications and community platform provider to maintain and promote our services and understand our customers. We are always seeking to improve our services and understand our customers better so that we can provide the best services and customer experience. We will, therefore, rely on legitimate interests where we use your personal information to administer the Website, carry out market research and to secure the Website and the Rooms and discussion boards.
Who do we share your personal information with?
Energy Dialogues LLC may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
● with our suppliers and service providers where they provide services to us which involves them handling personal information on our behalf (e.g. if we use service providers to send email marketing);
● with our professional and legal advisers where Energy Dialogues LLC requires professional advice;
● with third parties engaged in fraud detection or prevention;
● with law enforcement or other governmental authorities;
● in the event that we sell any business assets, the personal information of our customers may be disclosed to a potential buyer. In this event, we will make reasonable attempts to ensure the buyer will be bound by the terms of this privacy notice; and
● to the extent that Energy Dialogues LLC is required to disclose the personal information by law, for instance, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your personal information
Energy Dialogues LLC will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information and will store all the personal information we process on our secure servers.
Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via the Website will be protected by encryption technology.
Storage and cross-border data transfers
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal information may be processed in countries outside of the United States of America, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your information than you do under local law. If we transfer personal information outside the USA we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected. Please contact us if you would like more information about these transfers.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, we may keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about our services) for as
long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We love to communicate with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal information to send you marketing messages by email, post and via your browser.
If you no longer want to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. if we need to provide you with information about the services or products you have purchased from us).
You may also see ads for our Website on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Website). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile
of our customers. In some cases, this may involve sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads you can change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and these third party websites.
Online Event Content & Networking Platforms (including, without limitation, digital apps)
As part of your registration to Virtual (online) Events and to Live (in-person) Events that offer online networking and content as an additional service, some of your registration data will be passed to our Networking Application Provider to create an account within the platform.
When entering an online event or content and networking platform you may engage in activities such as: visiting zones or rooms such as an online event space, exhibitor or sponsor booth; downloading content; attend/view live seminars.
As a result of such activities the platform, Energy Dialogues LLC (and any event partner, as may be applicable) may collect, collate and share your personal information and data about your movements and interactions whilst in the virtual event space with the relevant sponsor or exhibitor to allow them to engage with you, subject to applicable data protection laws.
In order to provide this service to you, your data will be given to the platform provider. Your data will be protected by the platform provider and not commercialized by them. You have the right to access your data, as well as editing or deleting it through the tools provided within the mobile application or web platform.
Photos and videos may be taken at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where we have taken photos and videos at our events that feature you as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, to the extent permitted by applicable data protection laws, those photos and videos may be used for promotional or, where applicable, commercial purposes. You have the right to withdraw the consent you have given at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out by the Company before you withdraw your consent
You can find out more information on the privacy notice provided at the time you submit your data to us or in your contract with us (if applicable).
Updating this statement
Energy Dialogues LLC may update this privacy notice by posting a new version on this website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are familiar with any changes.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal information, including the right to access, correct, and request the erasure of your personal information.
You also have the right to object to your personal information being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal information, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal information, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
The Website contains links to other websites. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security as Energy Dialogues LLC is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
Contact Energy Dialogues LLC
● by email to email@example.com; or
● by post to Energy Dialogues LLC, 7660-H Fay Ave., #190, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA.
Last updated: May 1st, 2021.